Linux Resources Menu Tree
Your contributions are needed.
I am assuming that many people within your professional network keep eyes and ears open to exceptional opportunities.
I am sure that they would appreciate knowing about opportunities with Google located in the Middle East.
We are strongly leaning toward a location in Amman, Jordan.
Currently looking to fill the following Google Software Engineering Arabic Fluent Middle East positions:
* Engineering Site Director (Arabic Fluent) â€“ Middle East
* Software Product Managers (Arabic Fluent) - Middle East
* Experienced Software Engineers (Arabic Fluent) - Middle East
* Software Engineering Technical Leads/ Managers (Arabic Fluent) - Middle East
Do not hesitate to post or share this email and these job announcements below with your network and community worldwide and also
with anyone or any group that could be interested. Also, any referrals of specific individuals would also be most appreciated.
Anyone interested, please email a chronological resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Google Engineering Site Director (Arabic Fluent) â€“ Middle East
Google is looking for a highly technical, hands-on Engineering Site Director to drive Product and Technology initiatives for the Middle East/Arab World.
As the most senior engineer for Google in the region, the Engineering Site Director will be the face for Google's engineering effort in the Arab World.
The Engineering Site Director will be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of projects with both regional and global impact.
In addition to leading the engineering team or teams in the Arab markets, the Engineering Site Director will work closely with Google's senior management team,
as well as local officials, universities and professional organizations.
Please note that engineering management at Google is technical, i.e., candidates are expected to have a strong track record of technical accomplishments in
addition to management accomplishments. Consequently a candidate must posses a strong and broad background in most aspects of Computer Science.
Candidates will be asked technical questions during your interviews.
* At least 10+ years of exceptional technical competence and accomplishment with a strong product development track record and continuing and enduring technical leadership throughout career
* Software background and large scale success developing web-based applications, ideally launched in the Arab market
* Entrepreneurial drive plus demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative environment
* Relevant experience as hands-on manager of a large fast-paced dynamic engineering team
* Solid leadership skills and success in building a strong engineering team
* Strong project-management skills and proven history in product delivery
* Ability to operate and thrive in the face of ambiguity
* Can fit in well within an informal startup environment and quickly establish credibility with very capable engineers
* MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or PhD (preferred)
Please email a chronological resume to Nabil Khatib email@example.com
Do not hesitate to share with anyone or any group that could be interested.
Software Product Managers (Arabic Fluent) - Middle East
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analysing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.
As a Product Manager at Google, you bridge the needs of our customers (users, advertisers and partners) and the creativity of our engineering teams. You combine outstanding product vision with the hands-on skills to work with engineers and deliver new products and features quickly to markets across Africa. Google Product Managers come from a wide range of backgrounds: many have successfully run their own software/web companies whilst others have delivered successful products for large software companies. They all combine a great instinct for developing compelling products with a strong academic background and technical aptitude to work with a world class engineering team and the business sense to drive local product goals and strategies.
* Launch products
* Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
* Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
* Develop new products and enhance existing products
* Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule
* Computer Science degree. Masters or PhD preferred
* MBA degree highly regarded
* End to end Product Management experience of software / web technologies
* Hands-on developing Internet products and technologies
* Entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of user-experience, business, and commercial issues
* Understanding of the Internet, Search Engine, and On-Line Advertising spaces
Experienced Software Engineers (Arabic Fluent) - Middle East
Software Engineering Technical Leads/ Managers (Arabic Fluent) - Middle East
Software Engineering positions require a significant work history, experience developing web-based applications, expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis, fluency in one or more of C, C++, Java, fluency in one of more of Shell, PHP, Perl or Python, solid working knowledge of Unix, preferably Linux, SQL and MySQL are a plus. Applicants must have BA/BS in Computer Science, MS or PhD (a plus).
These positions require exceptional programming skills, excellent algorithmic and analytical skills, and a strong aptitude for building high-performance, scalable computer systems. Our recent work encompasses a broad spectrum of computer science research areas, including: Large scale distributed systems design, Information retrieval, Natural language processing, machine learning and data mining, algorithms and data structures research and user interface research.
To get a clearer idea about experience, please briefly reply to these questions and email back with your chronological resume:
* What are your strongest areas of expertise and interest?
* What are your preferred programming languages? Please rate yourself in them as (beginner, intermediate or advanced).
* If working, how much programming do you typically do during a week in your last 2 jobs? Please indicate in percentage (%) form.
* Please briefly describe your experience and knowledge of the technology market in the Arab World.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Phone: (650) 214 -5875